Wednesday 11 January 2012

Post BOB Graham Round news

Six weeks after my round I supported another runner on Leg 3. This was a strange time for me leaving Dunmail Raise at 3:30 ish in the morning and having to use a head torch until the final few hundred meters to Sergent Man. This leg went well for me a nice steady pace until descending from Scafell Pike when my knee problem from my round started to flair up. Richard wasn't confident on Rock climbs so Decided to go via Lords Rake and the West wall traverse to summit Scafell. The descent was hard on my knee but Richards pace was slow enough for me to make do. It was a good run and good test to see how tired would be only six weeks after my Bob Graham.

I continued my running through the Summer months in the dales and some nice runs in the Lakes with no noticeable problems with my knee. Was it finally sorted??

No comments: