Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday 3rd April


Yes a double run in the lakes this weekend.
Again at 09:00 this morning there was rain and very dark cloud. We set off to the lakes around 11:00 and the cloud was looking more broken over the lakes. A big thanks to Rachel who taxied me round to Honister Mines.
The days plan was to run the last leg of the Bob G to the small car park just before Little Town on the road section back to Keswick.

I set off with out rucksack which made me feel allot lighter than normal, which obviously assisted me hitting the summit of Dale Head in 26 Min's. With out pausing I continued on a good pace run to the summit of Hindsgarth in 37 Min's from Honister.
Continuing I followed the path all the way to the summit of Robinson in 55 minutes from Honister. The wind had a bite to it but cloud was good and the sun intermittently poked it self out. A good descent off Robinson with a few parts where its hand and feet on the rock onto better running down grassed paths towards High Snab farm. Here I got it slightly wrong with a bit of illegal farmers field crossing to gain the path and the start of the road section. I continued on the road on a good pace and was soon at the car park to meet a very surprised Rachel, as I told her to allow a good 2 hours for me to arrive but only took me 1 hour 23 minutes from Honister with 2190 feet of ascent and a distance of 6.7 miles.
Another cracking day out in the lakes with better weather than what was forecast.
A big Thanks to Rachel for dropping off and picking up. ( Just hope the fish and chips were worth it!)

No comments: